Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-9 of 9
Upcoming Site Features for S7v4.0 - Started by: BadKarma
Upcoming Site Features for S7v4.0
Posted: 04 Oct 2006, 11:56 AM

Before you ask for a new site feature, please review the following list to see if your suggestion is already in the planned set of features:
This is not a complete list of the new features (which currently numbers over 100 new features). This list is subject to constant change and updating.

Changes to Entire Site:

• Modification of layout code to better facilitate site skins.
  • Update numerous places where additional sorting should be.
  • Addition of Site Skins.
  • Improved Username visibility site-wide.
  • Random Image button on main page.
  • Complete redesign of main page.
  • Removal of splash page.
  • New Announcements Mailing List.
  • Improved login system.
  • Referral rewards system.

Changes to Account System:

• Merge First/Last Name records into one "Public Name" field.
  • Addition of Account Avatars
  • Login notification of new additions in your Museum since your last visit/login.
  • Fully automate the Account Upgrade system.
  • Fully automate the Account Application and Approval system.
  • Fully automate the Account Removal system.
  • Add Visitor -> Basic Account upgrade ability.
  • New uses for Account Credits: AotD showings, Additional Avatars, Additional Uploads.
  • The ability to give Account Credits to other site members.
  • A realignment of the Account Types so that they are easier to understand.

Changes to Biography System:

• Addition of Commission Rates Listing System.
  • Addition of member Commenting Rules: member defined requests for commenting (i.e. "no cutesie comments, only serious critiques")
  • The possibility of a minor journaling system, but this is still in debate. Art first.
  • Better management of character biographies, and all biography images.
  • Biography will be linked to the Side 7 Forums.

Changes to Commenting System:

• Display of member's Commenting Rules.
  • Ability to edit your own comments and replies.
  • Change "Gallery Comments" to "Member's Guestbook".
  • Reintroduction of Anonymous commenting. Site members will be able to choose to allow anonymous comments both on an gallery-based and image-based setting.
  • A member-defined minimum comment length will be configurable for those who want serious critiques.
  • Ability to turn comment signature on/off.
  • Ability to customise comment signature. This signature will be used in both the comments and in forums.
  • Display of Public Name with username in comments and replies.

Changes to Gallery System:

• Addition of Customisable Portfolio Pages.
  • Addition of Customisable "Main" Page.
  • Addition of thumbnail view for gallery.
  • Addition of a Favourites Portfolio where an artist can list their favourite works of art by other site members.
  • Addition of Art Trades Portfolio where an artist can list images they've done for other people, and list images done for them by other site members.
  • Ability to customise how your gallery looks.
  • Friends-Only image uploads - image uploads that are visible only to members you designate as able to see your Friends-Only portfolio. These images will not fall under the normal image rating and category rules, as they are not visible to the public.
  • Ability to obtain additional daily uploads with Account Credits.

Changes to Side 7's Store:

• Completely overhaul the web store to remove dependence on sites like cafepress.com and 99dogs.com.
  • Build stock of new and unique Side 7 merchandise, including high-quality screen printed shirts. Looking into customised lead holders, drawing pencils, and other art-related items, as well.
  • Add AotD, account upgrading and corporate membership sign-ups from the Side 7 store.
  • Add gift certificates to the web store.
  • Add the ability to use Account Credits to the Side 7 store, to generate discount coupons for merchandise.

New Art Category List:

• 3D Media / Sculpture
  • Abstract / Nonrepresentative
  • Architecture
  • Concept Art
  • Fan Art - Animation/Comic
  • Fan Art - Anime/Manga
  • Fan Art - Book
  • Fan Art - Celebrity
  • Fan Art - Game
  • Fan Art - TV/Movie
  • Fan Art - Other
  • Fantasy
  • Fashion Design / Costuming
  • Furry / Anthropomorphic
  • Humanoid
  • Landscapes
  • Miscellaneous
  • Photography - Abstract
  • Photography - Animals
  • Photography - Architecture
  • Photography - Landscapes
  • Photography - Nature
  • Photography - People
  • Photography - Other
  • Portraiture
  • Science Fiction
  • Serial Artwork (Comics)
  • Still Life

-- BK

Posted: 08 Jul 2007, 09:13 AM

I just had a thought... it seems to me that the upload limit keeps some people from using Side 7 more often. What if something like a "sketch upload" was instituted, in which basic users could post something that's not necessarily their best work, but something they'd like to share. There might be a limit of 5 or so daily sketches posted, but they disappear off the site after a couple days or so. I don't know how feasible it would be, and I guess you might have to add in some recognition to make sure people don't upload the same picture constantly, but it's an idea.

Posted: 11 Jul 2007, 05:01 PM

Interesting idea.

This ties in with a couple of other things that are planned:

• The basic upload limit will be increased to 200 for Basic accounts.
  • Users will be able to "buy" additional daily uploads with Account Credits.
  • There's a good chance that Basic users' daily upload limit will be increased to match the Premiere level accounts.

-- BK

Posted: 17 Oct 2011, 04:30 AM

a feature I would like to see is a way to delete comments on your images. I just got a big spam and I am trying to delete it but I can;t figure out why. All I can is to make it private

Posted: 17 Oct 2011, 09:21 AM

Was the spam from "jweelzaidi08"? We got hit by a lot of stuff from that account in the last day. Still looking into how they did it, since it would require a person to do it and bots are blocked.

Posted: 18 Oct 2011, 12:56 AM

it was from that guy
ququJerseys

also, a way to report comments or posts?

Posted: 18 Oct 2011, 09:38 AM
posesimo:
it was from that guy
ququJerseys

also, a way to report comments or posts?

I've locked down both of those accounts. You can report on posts and comments using the Help & Support menu. But, yeah, a more direct way to report something would probably be better.

Posted: 28 Aug 2014, 12:44 AM

I'd like to report another spammer - pcheapcoats. They flooded several of my pics.

Posted: 28 Aug 2014, 01:55 AM

Sorry to hear about that. Working on removing this spammer's posts. Thanks for letting me know.

-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-9 of 9