Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-2 of 2
Speed Stacking, Anyone? - Started by: Knibitz
Speed Stacking, Anyone?
Posted: 06 Nov 2006, 05:10 PM

This weekend I was on a marching band trip, and watched a Speed Stacking competion on ESPN. The game is played with 12 plastic cups, and you try to stack them as fast as you can in the following formations 3-6-3, 6-6. 1-10-1. You stack them like triangles (ex: the "6" stack has 3 on the bottom, 2 in the middle, and one on top) and you have to stack them up and down each time (and you have to go in order from left to right!)
As a joke at breakfast yesterday I took the cups from my motel room down in the dining room and started to stack them. I only had 6 cups, and I was only trying to unstack them.
after watching me for a few minutes, my friends got in on it too, and we were all stealing juice cups from the breakfast buffet.

I just tried doing the actual formations tonight, and my best time so far is around 45 seconds. Which I think isn't that bad for just 2 days of learning :D

Me and my friends are starting a Speed Stacking club at school, so we can get a free "competition quality" set (12 cups, mat, timer, carrying case, etc) We just can't find a sponsor yet :\

Has anyone else gotten into the recent fad?
what's your best time?

:p last week I had seen the speed stacking kit at walmart and laughed at it becuase I couldn't see how people would spend $30 on 12 cups, a mat, and a timer. and now its on my christmas list!! lol

Posted: 06 Nov 2006, 09:19 PM

haha, my boyfriend was talking about that a couple days ago. I'll have to direct him to your thread.

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-2 of 2