Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7
Uh... Hey..? - Started by: migucast
Uh... Hey..?
Posted: 11 Sep 2006, 07:36 PM

Don't know if anyone remembers me... I'm pretty sure I spent a good bit of time on the old boards but my memory fails me... ^^;;; However, looking around, I DO see some familiar faces from the old board and the site in general. That's good--... Er... I'm sorry, I'm bad at these things... ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;; Umm...

I'm a failed Computer Science student that's now working in a hellish atmosphere that drains my soul of life everyday... I work mainly in cel shaded CG art, those sometimes natural media... Actually... I haven't gone back to natural since I got my tablet a year or so ago... ^^;;;;;;;; I suppose you could say I specialize in the female nude, but that... Uh... Wasn't exactly by design... It just happened that way... I SWEAR! ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; But... I'd say 99.9% of my art is female in nature clothed or not... I rarely draw male characters... And I love mecha but rarely draw it... Hardcore Nintendo devotee and resident Robot Wars nut... I love space opera and robot anime. Which... Is really, really hard to come by these days... Seems nobody in the current generation of anime/manga fans care at all about that stuff so no one's bringing anything like it out... Which sucks... Uh... ^^;;;;;;;;

That's about it... Oh, and I've been working on game programming lately. It's a rather long story that I won't bore you with but it's nice to FINALLY be doing something game related even if it's something so ridiculously simple that a real programmer could've done in a day, what's taken me over two decades of research and three years of work to accomplish... :p

Anyway... That's it.

Posted: 11 Sep 2006, 07:52 PM

Welcome back to the forums! Nice to see you.

Glad to see there is another programmer amongst us. Doesn't matter if you're self-taught or trained. It's the journey, not the destination, that makes it worth it. :D

-- BK

Posted: 11 Sep 2006, 08:12 PM

:Welcome back to the forums! Nice to see you.

Thanks!

:Glad to see there is another programmer amongst us. Doesn't matter if you're
:self-taught or trained. It's the journey, not the destination, that makes it worth it.

I suppose... I just wish I could make my journey more consistent. XD Anyway, thanks! It's nice to see you too! ^^

Posted: 11 Sep 2006, 09:59 PM

I recognize you! Well, your name anyway. =P Like BK said, it's the journey that's important (consistent or not. lol). I'm currently a programmer for my school and I love it! I may be a newbie to the scene, but everyday is a new learning experience.

Welcome back to the forums! =)

Posted: 11 Sep 2006, 10:06 PM

:I recognize you! Well, your name anyway. =P

I recognize you too! Well, more from your general art postings on the site than the old forums... I'm sure you were there, my memory's just bad... ^^;;;;;;

:Like BK said, it's the journey that's
:important (consistent or not. lol). I'm currently a programmer for my school and I
:love it! I may be a newbie to the scene, but everyday is a new learning
:experience.

Heh. What is it you do?

:Welcome back to the forums!

Thanks! ^^

Posted: 11 Sep 2006, 10:19 PM
migucast:
:Like BK said, it's the journey that's
:important (consistent or not. lol). I'm currently a programmer for my school and I
:love it! I may be a newbie to the scene, but everyday is a new learning
:experience.

Heh. What is it you do?

I write code for websites. I'm working mostly with html, shtml, and a bit of php. Most of it is brand new to me, so everything is shiny and appealing. I think the most exciting thing I learned so far is CSS. XP

Posted: 11 Sep 2006, 10:38 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 12 Sep 2006, 07:57 PM.

Ah. I can't remember the last time I wrote anything in HTML, but I only ever did really basic stuff with it anyway. Don't know SHTML or PHP. Someone's been trying to get me to learn CCS for the redesign I want to do for the relaunch of my site but... ^^;;;;;;;;;; I've been dragging my feet on it... ^^;;; Mainly a combination of laziness and lack of vision towards what I want it to look like... :\

I've also had JAVA recommended to me due to its similiarity to C++ but I wouldn't even know where to start with that... ^^;;; Plus, I don't really have any use for it at the moment, anyway.

Right now, I'm hiding from C++ in QBASIC. :p Yeah, I know sooner or later, I'll have to reinstall C++ and use it for higher quality projects but... QBASIC is just too easy and convinient for me to use right now. ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7