Page 4 of 4 :: Viewing 76-90 of 90
spammer - Started by: Defunct Account
Posted: 27 Mar 2019, 02:44 PM
fragmented_imagination:
You're about to receive a report from me about the spammers. Go ahead and ignore it; you already took care of it.

Edit: (the next day) Nevermind. Got another one. locarolinfede just unloaded about twenty messages on me.

I'm on it.

-- BK

More spam
Posted: 09 Apr 2019, 01:04 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 09 Apr 2019, 01:06 AM.

Sorry to bother you again, but I wasn't sure if these accounts had been reported yet. These seem to be a little more aggressive; they've been dropping nearly 200 messages on me a day.

rnaelgarfnatha
tpopptrang
weddingtraditio
lpowellszach

They're a persistent bunch, though one has to wonder how they intended to profit from spam messages blocked by the privacy setting.

EDIT: Then again, just loading the page with my profile open is actually pretty damn hazardous. :S

RE: spammer
Posted: 09 Apr 2019, 02:33 PM

Me too.

I've tried blocking and screening on the allow comments through edit image, but they still
get through somehow.

Posted: 10 Apr 2019, 07:47 PM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 10 Apr 2019, 07:53 PM.

Yeah I'm thinking of shutting off comments for all my pieces completely. I've just checked my Message Centre inbox and I have received 590 spam comments since the 22nd of March :(

Is there any safeguards against comments with outgoing urls in them? Also, a 'Select All' feature might be useful in the Manage Image Comments and in the Message Centre ;)

Posted: 15 Apr 2019, 01:26 PM

Latest batch of spam accounts (which seem to come in fours).

pkanpamlo ilhelfinrafae noonansangn qkammqiana

Posted: 29 Apr 2019, 08:32 PM
fragmented_imagination:
Latest batch of spam accounts (which seem to come in fours).

pkanpamlo ilhelfinrafae noonansangn qkammqiana

Thanks. I will take care of them tonight.

-- BK

Posted: 29 Apr 2019, 08:33 PM
Zentron:
Yeah I'm thinking of shutting off comments for all my pieces completely. I've just checked my Message Centre inbox and I have received 590 spam comments since the 22nd of March :(

Is there any safeguards against comments with outgoing urls in them? Also, a 'Select All' feature might be useful in the Manage Image Comments and in the Message Centre ;)

Good thoughts. I will see what I can do to add those features for you. I'm so sorry about these.

-- BK

Posted: 29 Jun 2019, 03:27 PM

It would appear that one of the spammers is still at work. I found 44 messages from "rnaelgarfnatha" this morning.

Posted: 30 Jun 2019, 04:55 PM
fragmented_imagination:
It would appear that one of the spammers is still at work. I found 44 messages from "rnaelgarfnatha" this morning.

Thanks. I'll take care of that.

-- BK

Posted: 16 Jul 2019, 03:35 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 10 Aug 2019, 05:20 PM.

Hey, BK. Just thought you'd like to know that weddingtraditio is back. 18 messages.

Edit (08/10/2019): Sorry, BK, but it looks like some of the older spam accounts are becoming active again. I've had about 120 comments hit my work this morning.

Posted: 16 Aug 2019, 04:38 PM

Yes, weddingtraditio, rtkindreganorbe, and noonansangn are the many attacking us artist.

Makes you wonder where are they coming from. :(

Thank you for the delete comments feature, that's very helpful. :)

Posted: 17 Aug 2019, 02:23 PM

I'm on it today.

-- BK

Posted: 18 Aug 2019, 03:56 PM
This post has been edited 3 times. Last edit on 08 Sep 2019, 03:04 AM.

I've had a couple things come up today. First, there is a new spam account, goes by "tudather". At least, I think it's a new one; I don't recognize the name.

Second. I found other notification e-mails, same spammer, but they were notifications that were not works on my account. I'm afraid I've already deleted them or else I would give you the names of the pieces it indicated. Something along the lines of "Beep beep beep beep banana" I think.

Edit (8/20/2019) : Okay, so I'm getting notifications for a piece called "Beep Beep Beep Beep Banana Scan!", which is a work by another user that I had marked for my Museum page. It appears that the above spamming account is randomly soliciting this work as well.

Edit (8/23/2019) : We've got a new one: "herichisra".

Edit (9/7/2019) : We've got another new one: "aeonarolf".

Posted: 29 Apr 2020, 03:20 PM

Hey! Heads up! I know you are busy, but it looks like a new spammer is in and going by:

nkrupinskadal

IT has hit three forum post places of

Accessoires : Moncler UK Online - Officiële Outlet Sale
Wish List Time!
Disregard this post, was made by a hacker.

Another thing, where the "Who's browsing Side 7" box I seen something known as mgiscombeezek

I don't know that's anything helpful or not, but looks like another spammer...

Posted: 18 Sep 2020, 04:40 AM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 30 Dec 2020, 05:03 AM.

So, something... different has happened. One of the spammer accounts, "qkammqiana", added me to their Museum today. However, it appears that this account doesn't show up on the Search or is listed with the other users. Is this a result of fixes to the site, or is the spammer probing around?

Edit (12/29/20) : It's been three months since I posted this, and I have had this same profile add me to their Museum perhaps three or four more times. I'm hardly alarmed by this, but I thought I'd at least mention it if it helps assist in the elimination of these bots.

Page 4 of 4 :: Viewing 76-90 of 90