Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4
LACKADAISY: THE ANIMATED SERIES - Started by: Thorvald
LACKADAISY: THE ANIMATED SERIES
Posted: 03 May 2023, 07:15 PM

Tracy Butler's Lackadaisy is a webcomic about Prohibition-era St. Louis gangsterism... as done by cats. Somewhat notorious for its glacial schedule, it is, however, one of the most beautiful comics ever produced. I discovered it back in the late 2000s around its original début, forgot about it during one such stretch of hiatus, and tuned back in permanently via her dA gallery when I joined the site.

Over the last few years, Butler and an international team of contributors have been working on an animated adaptation. The pilot débuted last March.* If you've been craving quality indie animation with an adult flair and a dash of whimsy, but found Spindlehorse Studios too juvenile, this is the show for you!

* Meant to post this several weeks back but hoo boy have I been busy. :x

RE: LACKADAISY: THE ANIMATED SERIES
Posted: 03 May 2023, 08:53 PM

I've met Tracy Butler a couple of times. She's pretty awesome, and very, very skilled. Lackadaisy is incredible, both as a comic and the animated series.
-- BK

Posted: 04 May 2023, 05:15 AM

I remember Lackadaisy from the Yerf era 😎
Been meaning to track it down again. The designs and clips that keep popping up in my chat groups are so perfect.

Posted: 04 May 2023, 04:14 PM
Cynicallia:
I remember Lackadaisy from the Yerf era 😎
Been meaning to track it down again. The designs and clips that keep popping up in my chat groups are so perfect.

Ah, Yerf. There's a name I've not heard in a long, long time.
-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4