Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-14 of 14
Request for more improvements to the characters feature! - Started by: HimejoshiHeart
Request for more improvements to the characters feature!
Posted: 09 May 2023, 11:41 AM

first off I would like to say. thank u badkarma for listening to us and being an attentive owner.
anyways here's my ideas
- seperate avatar and ref sheet
- make both changeable.
- maybe a feature where you get to 'tag' art and stories in your gallery with the characters inside it?
- option to put links to like. toyhou.se or wherever your character is primarily stored.

RE: Request for more improvements to the characters feature!
Posted: 09 May 2023, 12:55 PM
HimejoshiHeart:
first off I would like to say. thank u badkarma for listening to us and being an attentive owner.
anyways here's my ideas

You're more than welcome!

Quote:
- seperate avatar and ref sheet
- make both changeable.
- maybe a feature where you get to 'tag' art and stories in your gallery with the characters inside it?
- option to put links to like. toyhou.se or wherever your character is primarily stored.

I will add this to my to-do list. The tagging might be difficult, since Characters don't have unique usernames to conveniently tag. We'll see what I can do.
-- BK

Posted: 09 May 2023, 01:18 PM
BadKarma:
The tagging might be difficult, since Characters don't have unique usernames to conveniently tag. We'll see what I can do.

@BadKarma: maybe give them IDs like Toyhouse does?

Posted: 09 May 2023, 01:41 PM
HimejoshiHeart:
[@BadKarma](/u/BadKarma/gallery): maybe give them IDs like Toyhouse does?

Well, they have ids. But I don't think you want to be tagging them like @12345 instead of their names. I'll have to come up with some sort of more intuitive method. I have never used Toyhouse, so I don't know how they do it.
-- BK

Posted: 09 May 2023, 03:12 PM

@BadKarma: maybe check out SoFurry?

Posted: 14 Jun 2023, 02:46 PM

I'd like to add on to this with a request of my own!

Could we have the option to attach multiple reference images to characters in the future? Most of my characters have multiple reference sheets for things like alternate creature forms or outfits and I'd like to add them to their profiles alongside their default one!

Posted: 14 Jun 2023, 03:47 PM

I will add that to my list!
-- BK

Posted: 14 Jun 2023, 04:46 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 14 Jun 2023, 06:07 PM.

Something I'd like to add is I'd like to have some fields for things like birthday, age, height, etc.

Might be worth mentioning, but I really liked the way Amino did their wiki -- You can connect wiki pages to each other and attach any post to a wiki page as easily as attaching a picture to a blog post. Idk if doing it that way would be a solution to the tagging debacle but, again, thought I'd mention it.

Posted: 15 Jun 2023, 02:02 AM

Also added to my list.

Thanks for the suggestions on the linking, too!
-- BK

Posted: 15 Jun 2023, 06:37 AM

I hope you don’t mind me saying this request again, can you add a thing where you can change the cd cover for a song or audio post?

Posted: 21 Jun 2023, 12:24 PM

As I haven't seen it mentioned before, I would love to be able to sort characters on our profile. They are currently set to alphabetical order, which is fine but as someone who prefers to put important characters at the top, this would be a very appreciated feature to have. Right now I only have my important/ very used characters uploaded here because of it.

Posted: 21 Jun 2023, 12:40 PM

I have added this to the To-Do list! Thank you!
-- BK

Posted: 21 Jun 2023, 08:01 PM

ok ok i have something to add, if it’s not been requested before, but it’s to make the characters section collapsible (if that’s the correct word?) so have a certain amount of characters show on the profile, and have a button that upon clicking shows all of the characters, right now the characters section shows ALL the characters in the profile and if you upload too much characters the profile page ends up really long to scroll down

Posted: 21 Jun 2023, 11:05 PM

Fair point. I will work that into my to-do list!
-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-14 of 14