Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-3 of 3
Forum layout - Started by: EyeballEarth
Forum layout
Posted: 10 Jun 2023, 06:41 PM

After leading some longer conversations on the forums I noticed that some parts of the layout are a bit clunky and could use some tinkering in the future. Particularly quotes are getting excessively long if you quote each other a few times. And the lines of text in posts seems to be spaced too widely apart, making reading them over a longer time a bit exhausting. A possible solution would be to make the quotes collapsible, with the option to only show the full length of quotes when clicked. To make the text of normal forum posts more readable maybe use the same line spacing as in quoted text, or increase the font size of the text to compensate for the lines being further apart. It's no biggie but something I've noticed that could be improved. Here's an image to clarify what I mean:
https://ibb.co/8DXF2yM

RE: Forum layout
Posted: 11 Jun 2023, 11:06 PM

Hey, thanks for the suggestions. I like the idea of collapsible quotes. I'll add that to my to-do list. As to the line-spacing, that can be adjusted as well.
-- BK

RE: Forum layout
Posted: 13 Jun 2023, 09:29 PM

On the subject, collapsible spoiler tags would be a handy feature—they're taken for granted for forums these days, but if they can be implemented in descriptions and comments that'll be really powerful. I don't know if there's a native function in Markdown but several sites have jury-rigged their own.

I personally don't mind the line spacing, but studies prove people process fonts differently. If-and-when user-customizable front-end layout becomes available, formatting the body text is a definite consideration.

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-3 of 3