Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-13 of 13
Let's talk about sets. - Started by: EvieJulia
Let's talk about sets.
Posted: 02 Jul 2023, 12:53 AM

Tell me about the settings where your characters/OCs live and/or come from. Failure to comply will result in me coming to your house while you're sleeping and stealing all of your teaspoons. :/

RE: Let's talk about sets.
Posted: 02 Jul 2023, 03:52 AM

No takers? Alrighty then, consider your teaspoons...stolen. >:)

Posted: 02 Jul 2023, 05:39 AM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 24 Sep 2023, 12:43 AM.

Posted: 02 Jul 2023, 05:50 AM
Cynicallia:
Wait, no! I need those! Ó×Ò

My main characters are from a world called Amb, which is basically Earth, but so distantly in the future that "earth" and "humanity" are obsolete words that only archeologists and hipsters use. Plenty of hominids do still exist, however, it is evolved, feral-to-sapient animalfolk who make up the majority of the population.

Magic, curses, and wildly futuristic, alien technology exist, but not everyone believes in such things. Amb is also a bit of a literal dumping ground, where the "products of the true war" (a never-ending, celestial fight between enlightened spirits and wicked monstrosities) get flushed to. The remnants of these soldiers are spat into Amb and materialize as (some of the) Divine Materials. Stranmet is the leftover essenence of goodly entities, and the crueler forces are reduced to Eclipse Sapphires. Very few characters in-world are aware of these things, and it remains pretty much unknown to the main cast.

There are lots and lots of alternate timelines and AUs, with varying degrees of success. Most of them are just really, really stupid jokes. A few are bitterly serious.

What's your setting like?

Mwahahahaha...my teaspoons now! >:3

That sounds awesome!
My setting is an underwater metropolis, with a lot of different mermaid species.

Posted: 02 Jul 2023, 05:51 AM
ixtesla2:
Oh god not my teaspoons! What will I ever do without them! Oh the misery, this is horrible!

Too late...

Posted: 02 Jul 2023, 10:41 AM
ixtesla2:
Morothias:
ixtesla2:
Oh god not my teaspoons! What will I ever do without them! Oh the misery, this is horrible!

Too late...

I though you said that you'd take them when I was sleeping, but I'm still awake! At 2 am . . . I should go to sleep shouldn't I 😅

I did it the last time you slept, you just didn't notice until now. :P

And yeah, you should. xD

Posted: 02 Jul 2023, 06:00 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 24 Sep 2023, 12:42 AM.

Posted: 02 Jul 2023, 09:01 PM
Cynicallia:
I've never actually gotten into Warhammer, so I don't know how similar or different it is

Cursorily. WK40K is set in a far-future dystopia where humanity is ruled by a totalitarian theocracy, nobody actually knows how most technology works and chalks it up to literal ghosts in the machine, and the entire society is molded around centuries of perpetual total war against a cavalcade of enemies including: Lovecraftian horrors, snobbish space elves, zombie robots, cyber-otaku, BDSM enthusiasts, Hungry Hungry Hivemind, and British football fans. Knowledge of almost everything outside the "Imperium of Man" is deliberately and viciously suppressed from the lay public because the universe's psychic fabric is so volatile that even just saying the word "Chaos" wedges open the door to daemonic possession if you haven't trained for years to fortify your own psyche.

One way to think of it is if SatAM was the good ending because Robotnik's empire is the only thing capable of holding off telepathic Black Doom. 40K coined the term "grimdark" for a reason. :P

Quote:
I always felt awkward about tagging bloody, edgy, weird stuff as 'Sonic fanart'

I dunno, this sounds par for the course. :^)

Posted: 02 Jul 2023, 11:01 PM
This post has been edited 3 times. Last edit on 24 Sep 2023, 12:42 AM.

Posted: 03 Jul 2023, 05:42 PM

Aye, WH40K débuted in 1987 and its aesthetic definitely channels (and satirizes) the decade—there are tangible references to Judge Dredd and Starship Troopers, among many others. GeeDubs' vicious IP rent-seeking put the project on indefinite suspension, but If the Emperor had a Text-to-Speech Device is unironically a superb introduction to the lore—if not the Universal Headcanon. :P

Posted: 04 Jul 2023, 03:37 AM

this 👀 👀 👀 is my favorite thing ever I LOVE reading about original worlds & universes. SIPPING this entire thread rn.

Posted: 04 Jul 2023, 08:56 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 04 Jul 2023, 08:56 AM.

Hahaha, that's good. :D

Posted: 18 Jul 2023, 06:44 PM

I'd need to write a novel for that because I can't use historical/canon references, didn't want to post tl;dr. They are from my paracosm.
My charas are from another world I guess I could say. Though my worlds just come to me to the extent for me they are not fiction to my perception.
And well, a lot of the art I draw is just random charas lol, just developing my art skills before I do anything really based on my paracosm because it is sacred to me.

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-13 of 13