Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7
Well, I Love It - Started by: bawdabaw
Well, I Love It
Posted: 11 Nov 2023, 10:33 PM

Heyo, my name is bawdabaw and I am a refugee from the most recent "Tumblr is dying!" panic. I mean... We all calmed down again and went back but I still thought it was a good idea to set up an account here. Just in case... Who knows? I might end liking it better here.

Tumblr is where I heard about this, by the by. In one of the posts talking about that dreaded memo and jumping ship plans, Side 7 was name dropped in someone's tags and I was like, "New horizons? Let me seeee..."

But anyway, I'm a comic artist(casual) and a writer. My main focus and private project right now is Of Suds and Fine Suit Coats, a story about Unseelie mobsters and the poor sidhe-seer human who gets caught up with them. I'm writing it with my girlfriend and I sometimes do art for it and relating to it. I do art occasionally for other stuff too, so, might post other things on occasion.

I also love to read. Anything with supernatural or paranormal stuff as an element of the story tends to keep my interest the most.

Anyway, that's me. I'm hoping to settle in here nicely.

RE: Well, I Love It
Posted: 12 Nov 2023, 01:36 AM

Welcome to Side7

Posted: 12 Nov 2023, 02:17 AM

Welcome to Side 7. Look forward to seeing your work.

Posted: 12 Nov 2023, 06:49 AM

Howdy, and welcome! I hope you find your new home here with us.

I noticed you mentioned a tagging issue in your bio. Are you posting from desktop or mobile? If you're on desktop, enter each word or phrase (spaces are okay) into the skinny text input bar, just below the image description box. Press the comma key to break that tag and begin a new one. If you're uploading from your phone, check out this bug report. It explains a recent tagging bug, and how to work around it.

Posted: 12 Nov 2023, 05:32 PM

Internet go one day without blowing yourself up challenge (impossible)

Welcome to the Seventh Side! I got burned out on two upstarts before @EyeballEarth directed me here. As I'm wont to say, this is the site the dAssafected were clamouring for all the way back in 2015—third's the charm, as they say. :D

Urban fantasy, eh? Holmgren's face took me back to Sorcery 101 which I'll admit, I thought would be more humorous than it was. :P From what I've seen of your inaugural uploads, it sounds like you might plug that gap...

Posted: 12 Nov 2023, 09:28 PM
Cynicallia:
Howdy, and welcome! I hope you find your new home here with us.

I noticed you mentioned a tagging issue in your bio. Are you posting from desktop or mobile? If you're on desktop, enter each word or phrase (spaces are okay) into the skinny text input bar, just below the image description box. Press the comma key to break that tag and begin a new one. If you're uploading from your phone, check out [★](https://side7.com/forums/thread/820)this bug report. It explains a recent tagging bug, and how to work around it.

This worked perfectly! Thank you for the assistance and the welcome!

Posted: 12 Nov 2023, 09:36 PM

You know, I've never even heard of Sorcery 101, so that was a new thing to encounter. Thanks for that. Heh.

And yeah, I left DA last year when they first rolled out that AI business built right into the site. It felt tone def to the controversy and manipulative the way the whole thing went down, so I just deleted right then.

Thanks for the welcome!

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7