Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-10 of 10
Your thoughts on Fill-in memes - Started by: Masonicon
Your thoughts on Fill-in memes
Posted: 10 Dec 2023, 07:28 AM
This post has been edited 3 times. Last edit on 10 Dec 2023, 08:16 AM.

So what's your thoughts on Fill-in memes from deviantart, such as (Loud House) character reaction memes?

Personally, it's one of my guilty pleasures cuz they're undoubtly more of a plagiarism than even fanarts that drawn from scrarch, so they're unfit to be salvaged into good art-sites(aka any proper art site outside deviantart)

RE: Your thoughts on Fill-in memes
Posted: 10 Dec 2023, 03:02 PM

Yeah, I'm not much of a fan of them. They're kind of low-effort attempts at humor with artwork or images that don't belong to the person posting. I'd rather see someone attempt to make their own artwork, regardless of skill level, than a site full of fill-in memes.

Just my $0.02.

-- BK

Posted: 10 Dec 2023, 05:35 PM

They can be funny. They can be stupid. That's memes for ya.

Posted: 17 Dec 2023, 03:34 AM
BadKarma:
Yeah, I'm not much of a fan of them. They're kind of low-effort attempts at humor with artwork or images that don't belong to the person posting. I'd rather see someone attempt to make their own artwork, regardless of skill level, than a site full of fill-in memes. Just my $0.02. -- BK

I did actually plan to make fill-in memes that were all hand-drawn by me, but I decided against it when I saw that the memes became infamous for people stealing art from other artists to use in the memes without their consent, pasting them into the image, and calling it a day. I even planned them to have more positive humor rather than mocking characters that are usually over-hated.

Posted: 17 Dec 2023, 03:45 AM
Shadane:
BadKarma:
Yeah, I'm not much of a fan of them. They're kind of low-effort attempts at humor with artwork or images that don't belong to the person posting. I'd rather see someone attempt to make their own artwork, regardless of skill level, than a site full of fill-in memes. Just my $0.02. -- BK
I did actually plan to make fill-in memes that were all hand-drawn by me, but I decided against it when I saw that the memes became infamous for people stealing art from other artists to use in the memes without their consent, pasting them into the image, and calling it a day. I even planned them to have more positive humor rather than mocking characters that are usually over-hated.

https://www.deviantart.com/rawflesh0615a/favourites/93003243/why-fill-in-meme-are-spammish

Posted: 18 Dec 2023, 04:41 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 18 Dec 2023, 05:39 PM.

Well, my reply duplicated itself because of a glitch. Could somebody remove this, please?

Posted: 18 Dec 2023, 04:42 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 18 Dec 2023, 04:42 AM.
Masonicon:
Shadane:
BadKarma:
[https://www.deviantart.com/rawflesh0615a/favourites/93003243/why-fill-in-meme-are-spammish](https://www.deviantart.com/rawflesh0615a/favourites/93003243/why-fill-in-meme-are-spammish)

I get that they're spammy and overshadow actual art, but that's why I would have limited myself to making just a few, on top of drawing all of the pictures myself in CSP. Think of it like a comic in meme format.

Posted: 18 Dec 2023, 05:33 AM

Its a grey area when it comes to Fill-in Memes one One hand it used for laziness and low effort stuff. While other hand that there good one that art meme and some Fill in meme for art. And other things like favorite movies or something else. But end of the day this is my Opinion on it.

Posted: 21 Dec 2023, 07:14 AM
RainbowDoggieUnicorn:
Its a grey area when it comes to Fill-in Memes one One hand it used for laziness and low effort stuff. While other hand that there good one that art meme and some Fill in meme for art. And other things like favorite movies or something else. But end of the day this is my Opinion on it.

agreed with you on most parts

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-10 of 10