Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4
option for paginated galleries ? - Started by: Camazotz
option for paginated galleries ?
Posted: 17 Jan 2024, 09:51 PM

i think it would be nice if we could be able to browse thru paginated galleries instead of having to scroll almost endlessly, specially when submitting art to groups or portfolios, it can get a little tedious when i want to submit an old piece for example, to a group i just joined and i have to scroll to the bottom (same thing with portfolios) when i could get to my oldest pieces with just a button, and i believe this can get annoying for those who have a good amount of submissions, take thorvald for example, i know he has a long gallery by now and if he wanted to submit his first piece to a group he’d have to scroll to the bottom, and it can also take a while to load

RE: option for paginated galleries ?
Posted: 17 Jan 2024, 11:07 PM

I didn't even realise gallery pagation wasn't a thing here. My old potato of a laptop tends to struggle with infinite scrolling on most sites, so the option to switch to numbered pages would be a very welcome change!

Posted: 18 Jan 2024, 07:20 PM

There are changes coming (likely in v5.23 or v5.24) to the way that portfolios and serial art management is done. The amount of scrolling is pretty crazy for some people. I will make sure the same kind of changes are made for submitting to groups.

I don't yet know how those changes will look, but pagination is definitely high on the list rather than infinite scrolling.

Similarly, viewing someone's gallery will likely go back to pagination (like it was in v4) rather than infinite scrolling.

-- BK

Posted: 19 Jan 2024, 06:43 PM

I don't know if maintaining both would be overly complicated, but I wouldn't mind keeping infinite scroll as an option. As I've remarked before, given my experience on DeviantArt, I am amazed how cleanly S7 handles it: the only reason I didn't reach inception point was other tabs (probably dA) crashed the browser first. :^)

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-4 of 4