Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-2 of 2
youtube - Started by: Masonicon
youtube
Posted: 23 Feb 2024, 12:06 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 23 Feb 2024, 12:41 AM.

another thread about either grievance of a Major Website, this time it's about youtube

personally, my gripes with youtube lies on following: my channels there had insufficient subscribers, its bots can hypocritically abuse copyrights(it even thinks Monetizing AI-generated stuff is okay, making fanworks with anything other than Generative AI or using any IPs other than public domain ones even for personal uses are not), and so on

RE: youtube
Posted: 23 Feb 2024, 01:25 AM

My YT account of three years got "temporarily" suspended a long time ago despite otherwise existing out of jurisdictional necessity for false claims of infringement businesses threw at vlogs I used to produce. The files still linger, but it's been years and they never got back to me on that. That would be the closest I come to a major complaint on there. My account is still in limbo, and if anyone has ever heard of me being on there, it's because I have had a couple of friends whose profiles they've allowed me to use (recent development, don't get any ideas if you know who they are, yes they're the Google Plus breaking ones I used to mention) and de facto be able to call myself a YouTuber, especially considering how gamechanging the COPPA-tastrophe rendered the site, which they acknowledged could be said to have made interaction more useful to me than them (and before anyone asks if I'm a ban evader for this, someone associated with YouTube encouraged this). YouTube, perhaps inconveniently/frustratingly depending on your stance, has always been for the businesses, which might be why it's not exactly a party on there and why features come and go (except for the comment-from-playlist feature, guess who has four thumbs and covertly advertised by commenting from playlists called "visit my youtube channel").

The best YouTube channels right now for activity in my experience are GameXplain, most of the anime commentary ones (Charusharu, Pokeferlax, Jan Itor, etc.), SciShow, and anything in the Whistlerverse (even the stuff that Simon Whistler left), so it's not "dead" in a true sense. Look into what they have in common and you'll find the friendly parts of the setting.

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-2 of 2