Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-12 of 12
Greetings from the batcave - Started by: BatmanWilliams
Greetings from the batcave
Posted: 26 Feb 2024, 07:23 PM

Hello, how is everyone today. I hope everyone is doing well. I came across mention of this place while browsing another site. Already I'm thinking this is my best option. I originally didn't sign up because of how everyone immediately assumes something is toxic because of everyone's phobia of toxic sites at this point (a certain thread comes to mind), but I've looked more into it and have come to know this place is the least toxic of the toxic places. I've been eyeing said thread and want to assure everyone, it's all cool. We've all been overreacting lately, with the whole surge of AI content and all (and I'm sure some are using maskers to inflate themselves).

Anyways, my name is Steph (think LazyTown) and it's nice to meet you. I'm a practicing artist from the land of Blue Moon ice cream (fun reference there), and I hope to share with all of you my work. If you're wondering where my username comes from, I like both Batman and Robin Williams, and it's a joke. I was thinking "if there's a Robin Williams, there must be a Batman Williams".

RE: Greetings from the batcave
Posted: 26 Feb 2024, 07:55 PM
Sir-Meatch-Cleaver:
Welcome, brother.
Here, consume the content I give to you: [https://youtu.be/fn4ArRmzHhQ?si=KrdoJpeqLRZTJXKi](https://youtu.be/fn4ArRmzHhQ?si=KrdoJpeqLRZTJXKi)

This is how I greet people

Even that coupon I consider more valid than the bat credit card from Batman and Robin lol

Posted: 26 Feb 2024, 09:44 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 26 Feb 2024, 09:49 PM.

Another new member. Stay awhile... stay forever!

As in, hello.

Posted: 26 Feb 2024, 10:51 PM
dustsucker2099:
Another new member. Stay awhile... *stay forever!*

As in, hello.

Hello. And considering the state of art sites, I very well might just stay here forever.

I won't go into detail, but let's just say you're going to be getting many immigrants from Tumblr soon.

Posted: 27 Feb 2024, 01:46 AM

Welcome to the site! If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to reach out.

-- BK

Posted: 27 Feb 2024, 03:58 AM

Welcome to Side 7!

Posted: 29 Feb 2024, 08:11 PM
BatmanWilliams:
I won't go into detail, but let's just say you're going to be getting many immigrants from Tumblr soon.

Oh no, are they purging again? D:

Sir-Meatch-Cleaver:
Here, consume the content I give to you: [https://youtu.be/fn4ArRmzHhQ?si=KrdoJpeqLRZTJXKi](https://youtu.be/fn4ArRmzHhQ?si=KrdoJpeqLRZTJXKi)

"perhaps I was too enthusiastic for feaux artificially written comics"

From the moment he started speaking I flashed back to those badfic narrations—this seemed too coherent and too consistently funny for a bot. :P

Posted: 01 Mar 2024, 07:32 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 01 Mar 2024, 07:33 PM.
Thorvald:
BatmanWilliams:

Oh no, are they purging *again?* D:

Sir-Meatch-Cleaver:

"perhaps I was too enthusiastic for feaux artificially written comics"

From the moment he started speaking I flashed back to those badfic narrations—this seemed too coherent and too consistently funny for a bot. :P

I guess it's not the end of the world to mention, it's quite famous by now so I assume it's no more harmful to mention here than the OJ Simpson case. There was a controversy where a member got angry at the CEO. She had faced attacks from other members that weren't moderated against. In response, she made a bad CEO death joke, and this led to her suspension. Claims then began circulating due to her that the ban was due to transphobia due to her. She blew her top on Twitter about which turned into a stalking duel between the two. Onlookers, based on the perception it was transphobia manifest, then reacted to the consequent escalation by migrating off-platform.

I am neutral on this and only mention it for knowledge purposes. It bears resemblance to something BlueSky went through last year where the opposite happened (someone made a threat against someone and BlueSky actually didn't react, causing people of another minority to call it racism). Moral of the story, you do you, or don't do you (I assume you're a mod).

But yeah, any Tumblr person who is aware of Side 7 is going to come here (why is it called Side 7 anyways?)

Posted: 01 Mar 2024, 11:32 PM
BatmanWilliams:
(why is it called Side 7 anyways?)

Side 7 started as an anime focused BBS back in the early 1990s. My all-time favorite anime series is Mobile Suit Gundam. In Gundam lore, the space colony "Side 7" was the site of the creation of the first Gundam mobile suit. It felt fitting at the time. In the late 1990s, as the web grew and BBSes died out, Side 7 transitioned from BBS to web site, and shifted its focus to fan art. Shortly thereafter it widened its purview to all kinds of art.

And thus endith the history lesson. :)

-- BK

Posted: 04 Mar 2024, 08:16 PM
BadKarma:
BatmanWilliams:

Side 7 started as an anime focused BBS back in the early 1990s. My all-time favorite anime series is Mobile Suit Gundam. In Gundam lore, the space colony "Side 7" was the site of the creation of the first Gundam mobile suit. It felt fitting at the time. In the late 1990s, as the web grew and BBSes died out, Side 7 transitioned from BBS to web site, and shifted its focus to fan art. Shortly thereafter it widened its purview to all kinds of art.

-- BK

Were you always the main admin here, or was it ever different in the past? That sounds like a long time to be devoted to this place, I like that (never give up, never surrender!)

Posted: 04 Mar 2024, 09:29 PM
BatmanWilliams:
Were you always the main admin here, or was it ever different in the past? That sounds like a long time to be devoted to this place, I like that ([never give up, never surrender!](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fdcIwHKd_s))

Yep! It's always been me!

Also, Galaxy Quest is an awesome movie.

-- BK

Posted: 06 Mar 2024, 02:14 AM
BadKarma:
BatmanWilliams:

-- BK

Thanks for confirming this, as a 20+ years Gundam fan I had a hunch that was where the name came from. Always good to hear it first hand though.

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-12 of 12