Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-14 of 14
Oye! Tell me about bagels. - Started by: The-Wizard-of-Zaar
Oye! Tell me about bagels.
Posted: 18 Apr 2023, 02:32 PM

I never really grew ups eatin em.

Like yknows I've eaten bagels when I become a big boy.

But ah... Whaddam I not gettin here?

What's the appeal?

I eat turkish bread.

So whuts all this noise about bagels?

RE: Oye! Tell me about bagels.
Posted: 18 Apr 2023, 02:56 PM

I think it depends upon the flavor, what you put on them, and whether you like them toasted or not. There are a lot of combinations of bagel flavors and toppings. So, you know, to each their own.
-- BK

Posted: 18 Apr 2023, 02:59 PM
BadKarma:
I think it depends upon the flavor, what you put on them, and whether you like them toasted or not. There are a lot of combinations of bagel flavors and toppings. So, you know, to each their own.
-- BK

Yeh I noticed the cream cheese or cream cheese and lox is a popular topping/filling. Which honestly I'd rather just have cream cheese and lox in turkish bread.

But then I've also seen a big thing for sweet bagels ans coffee.

Bagels I've had in the past were too sweet and dense for my liking, something about the texture I didn't like. But I didn't have them toasted either, and maybe that makes a greater difference.

Do you eat bagels often?

And if so, how do yew like to have em?

Posted: 18 Apr 2023, 05:34 PM

I enjoy "everything' bagels, which have poppy seeds, onions and such baked in, with lots of cream cheese on top and toasted. But, I don't have them frequently. Maybe once or twice a year.
-- BK

Posted: 18 Apr 2023, 06:59 PM
BadKarma:
I enjoy "everything' bagels, which have poppy seeds, onions and such baked in, with lots of cream cheese on top and toasted. But, I don't have them frequently. Maybe once or twice a year.
-- BK

Wweeewwhewhewhoo!

Whuddayee like a Prince or a Baron or something?

Posted: 18 Apr 2023, 07:09 PM

Nope. Just an average Joe.
-- BK

Posted: 18 Apr 2023, 07:44 PM
BadKarma:
Nope. Just an average Joe.
-- BK

Eeeyyyh but your name isn't Joe is it?

Posted: 18 Apr 2023, 07:45 PM
SheevraSidhe0274:
Bagels have too many carbs unfortunately...

Whuddayew on the old keto or whut?

Posted: 18 Apr 2023, 09:48 PM
SheevraSidhe0274:
Bagels have too many carbs unfortunately...

That's part of why I only have one or two a year. :D
-- BK

Posted: 19 Apr 2023, 01:25 AM
SheevraSidhe0274:
Type I diabetic, so no bagels unfortunately.

Ah I getchyas.

Posted: 19 Apr 2023, 02:13 AM

I haven't really lost my taste for bagels, but it hasn't really been something I keep around the house lately. When I was a kid, my parents like getting cinnamon and raisin bagels. However, they usually only ever lasted about one morning at a time.

Posted: 19 Apr 2023, 03:17 AM
fragmented_imagination:
I haven't really lost my taste for bagels, but it hasn't really been something I keep around the house lately. When I was a kid, my parents like getting cinnamon and raisin bagels. However, they usually only ever lasted about one morning at a time.

Cinnamon and raisin ye say?

Posted: 27 Apr 2023, 01:45 AM

They're overrated, although I do sometimes occasionally enjoy a poppy seed one with cream cheese and smoked salmon. Other than that, I don't really get the appeal. To me, they're like savoury doughnuts.

Posted: 08 Feb 2024, 06:50 PM

It’s been a long while since I ate a bagel, I do remember eating one with cream cheese, it tastes good with it imo, but I love cheese in general though, lol.

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-14 of 14