Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-5 of 5
Dream art journal - Started by: chaseawaythedark
Dream art journal
Posted: 03 Jul 2023, 06:29 PM

Some context can explain this thread.

My main mode of doing many things is with an ipad, and it's something I typically have with me if I'm indoors. It sits by me every night as I sleep. I am also accustomed to having written a dream journal.

At some point, inspired by someone else's idea, there came a time when, during the night, it would've been convenient for me to open up whatever art site I was using on my ipad and mark a work of art as a designated favorite depending on how closely it resembled a dream, which I would tell myself to come back to later. Did I dream I was Pokémon battling with Liko in Pokémon Horizons? No problem, just find that one picture of the Brave Asagi. Did I travel to Africa? That picture of the Safari will do. Though if my intention was to make it more formal, sometimes I forgot about that.

If you're on a website and a work of yours is put into a folder that presents itself as a dream memorization tool, you probably stumbled across me on that site. One day, the sites I used shifted a little... however, this modus operandi became a tradition of sorts, fueled by both fascination and a sense of popular demand, so this now has a second meaning. And possibly a third meaning; I came across someone once who noticed what I was doing and asked if it had a cultural meaning. They mentioned how there is a tradition amongst some indigenous peoples where, if you dream of an object, it is yours to borrow for the day (dreams were often used as a cue for communal possession).

This thing has grown on many of us it seems.

That is what this thread is. If a dream occurs, the goal is to reply with a link to the work of art (may be from any website but with a strong Side7 preference) that can be found that most closely resembles the dream. Imagery which has a visual advantage is worth a thousand words and can save one the explaining of an experience all the while being convenient to someone.

RE: Dream art journal
Posted: 02 Aug 2023, 05:16 AM

Is that a dream art journal? I dreamed the concept of Circus Marinus (a whole circus underwater) when I was younger.

Posted: 02 Aug 2023, 06:25 AM
VerseOfDreams:
Is that a dream art journal? I dreamed the concept of Circus Marinus (a whole circus underwater) when I was younger.

You could say that, yes. Though I guess this post has no takers :(

Posted: 02 Aug 2023, 06:34 AM

I see.

Posted: 02 Aug 2023, 07:11 PM
FunkyGoodVibes:
I don't know mate, I have some pretty fucked up dreams. 😂

I mean the methodology I describe might be an advantage here.

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-5 of 5