Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-2 of 2
Most peculiar places you've gotten inspiration/epiphanies - Started by: chaseawaythedark
Most peculiar places you've gotten inspiration/epiphanies
Posted: 06 Nov 2023, 11:05 PM

To be inspired is a magical thing. You could be at the store in the gizmo aisle after midnight, and suddenly the thought beams into your head: "Eureka! The OC I've been doing stuff for should be named Pablo Figglehorn!"

As someone who frequents a lot of places, I have begun to realize that the majority of my epiphanies (if you can call them that) happen in the same four places. Kind of ties into what I said here about creative essence.

I used to think the chances of thinking of something were evenly distributed depending on the place, but it seems this isn't the case, and now I wonder "if I go there, will I think of something" and look forward to them.

For a lack of a better way of asking, what's your "unsuspecting epiphany place"? A store? Somewhere at home? Somewhere in the areas you like to wander?

RE: Most peculiar places you've gotten inspiration/epiphanies
Posted: 11 Nov 2023, 08:38 PM

It's common to the point of cliché, but many of my best ideas strike me in the shower. I find I'm most prone to bursts of inspiration when I'm doing repetitive physical work that doesn't need brainpower: gardening, walking to commute, &c. They say idle hands are the Devil's toolbox—well, a bored mind is the artist's sandbox. :B

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-2 of 2