Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7
Apologies in advance... - Started by: Dionysus
Apologies in advance...
Posted: 17 Dec 2023, 08:50 AM

Hello Side 7!

I'm a different patron than what you're probably used to. As some of you who are/were DeviantArt users may know, a few months ago there was a mass ban of NSFW accounts. Some of them were probably for good cause, but a lot of people, including several long-time users in good standing, were purged with minimal to no explanation, and those surviving Deviants who work in fetish and transformation feel there's an invisible sword over their heads. I knew DA even before Eclipse but my current account was late to the party, an intentional grin-and-bear-it entry to the only show in town as I held out hope for a proper challenger, intending to act as rear-guard to the veterans if-and-when a proper evacuation plan presented itself.

This site looks like the lifeboat we've been searching for. The content policy is much more common-sense than DA, and the management has both feet on the ground, unlike certain other neophyte contenders. HUGE thanks to the head honcho Bad Karma and El Thorvaldo for putting up with my questions and responding with rigorous detail: I'm sorry if I was a nuisance, but you really helped me, and hopefully many more, figure out that Side 7 is the proper fit. :D

So who am I? I'm a hobby writer with an eye to erotic transformation; I've been writing privately for ages but while I had a minimal profile on CYOC.net, I only really came out of my shell thanks to the now-defunct Carnal Souls forum. I'm also phenomenally slow, and my original plan of seeing if writing to an audience would bootstrap me into a disciplined work ethic is already a bitter memory. ^^; Most of my initial uploads will be the shorts I did on CS for a friend's writing prompts: some are lewd but others are actually fit for general consumption, and I salvaged one spur-of-the-moment essay I'm rather proud of. (Sadly what's probably my best work is too esoteric for here.) :P After that, I've got a mix of projects planned and in progress, including a couple of multi-chapter serials.

But coming back to this thread's title: I've tentatively pitched Side 7 to friends/admirees fed up with DA (someone I watch just quit this week), and now that I'm actually on the site I can ramp up the campaign. So, if the red light district explodes in the next couple weeks... blame me. ^^;

RE: Apologies in advance...
Posted: 17 Dec 2023, 05:20 PM

Welcome aboard. As long as everyone rates and tags their content properly, and no one is posting 18+ art featuring minors, or art they didn't actually draw (commissions, gifts, AI, et cetera), or anything that would justify an anonymous tip to the fedz, the doors are wide open for you and your homies. Maybe Side7 is your future home, or maybe it's just a stepping stone on your journey. Either way, nice to meet ya. If you need help settling in, figuring things out, or whatevs, just ask. The community here is overall pretty friendly.

Posted: 17 Dec 2023, 07:58 PM

Welcome to Side 7! It will be interesting to see your works on here; your post has piqued my interest. Looking forward to it.

Posted: 17 Dec 2023, 08:22 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 17 Dec 2023, 08:24 PM.
Cynicallia:
Welcome aboard. As long as everyone rates and tags their content properly, and no one is posting 18+ art featuring minors, or art they didn't actually draw (commissions, gifts, AI, et cetera), or anything that would justify an anonymous tip to the fedz, the doors are wide open for you and your homies. Maybe Side7 is your future home, or maybe it's just a stepping stone on your journey. Either way, nice to meet ya. If you need help settling in, figuring things out, or whatevs, just ask. The community here is overall pretty friendly.

Aye, we had several letters back and forth to clarify how dA's standards (quote-unquote) translate to here. It actually helped us settle several edge cases not specifically outlined in the current public guidelines, so we'll be ready for the storm. B^)

Thanks again for your patience @Dionysus; hopefully you have a better experience over here. :)

Posted: 18 Dec 2023, 05:42 AM

Thank you everyone! I've been told my writing is a cut above even by smut standards so hopefully I don't disappoint. :P

Regarding "art you actually drew", are there any rules about images sourced from game footage? I dabble in The Sims 4 and I've hemmed and hawed on whether to ever post character mockups and scenes to Scraps on DA. I've never actually done it, but since Side 7 has less restrictions on visual content, full storyboards might be doable...

Posted: 18 Dec 2023, 06:26 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 18 Dec 2023, 07:41 PM.

Well several of my pieces are arranged in Garry's Mod and I use Operation Flashpoint for many comics, and I've never taken flak. I figure as long as there's demonstrable authorship, it should be alright, though I'll run it by @BadKarma to be sure.

EDIT: Confirmed with BK, machinomics are fine. It's things like screenshots of someone's Overwatch match that'll cause problems. We're an art gallery, not a file dump. :P

Posted: 24 Dec 2023, 12:14 PM

WHEEEW!

DIS DA WEEL!

OUHHOLIOHOLNOW!

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-7 of 7