Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-5 of 5
Ability to delete or edit comments? - Started by: AstroWildcat
Ability to delete or edit comments?
Posted: 28 Apr 2024, 12:39 AM

I keep on making basic mistakes on here, such as replying to the wrong comments, or I make some sort of embarrassing spelling mistake I want to undo. Sadly, it can't be rectified because comments are rendered uneditable. Is there any possibility of this being patched?

RE: Ability to delete or edit comments?
Posted: 28 Apr 2024, 12:51 AM

Haha I was thinking the same thing. That would be helpful.

Posted: 28 Apr 2024, 01:34 AM
AstroWildcat:
I keep on making basic mistakes on here, such as replying to the wrong comments, or I make some sort of embarrassing spelling mistake I want to undo. Sadly, it can't be rectified because comments are rendered uneditable. Is there any possibility of this being patched?

Actually, yes. This is on my list to remedy.
-- BK

Posted: 28 Apr 2024, 05:09 PM

On the subject, how hard is it to manually adjust nesting (admin-side)? As per this report there are many replies accidentally orphaned from the chain, and as a pedantic perfectionist I'd leap at the chance to clean things up. :p

Posted: 28 Apr 2024, 09:40 PM
Thorvald:
On the subject, how hard is it to manually adjust nesting (admin-side)? As per [this report](https://www.side7.com/forums/thread/710/1#6254) there are many replies accidentally orphaned from the chain, and as a pedantic perfectionist I'd leap at the chance to clean things up. :p

Unfortunately, there isn't a simple way to edit this and clean it up. The only way to do so would be to manually edit the comments in the database one-by-one. It's still on my list to fix the original bug, however.

-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-5 of 5