Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-16 of 16
hey guyz rate my profile - Started by: Camazotz
hey guyz rate my profile
Posted: 12 Apr 2023, 11:45 PM

i put a bunch of random codes in it whatya think?

RE: hey guyz rate my profile
Posted: 13 Apr 2023, 08:56 AM

I like the rainbow background and the font change makes it easier to read. There seemed to be a bit of a pause scrolling for me because of the gifs though but it's definitely cool to see a custom profile in this era, made me feel nostalgic for the old Livejournal layouts I used to do.

Posted: 13 Apr 2023, 04:05 PM

7/10, no Comic Sans ;_;

We'd pitched more customization months ago and while an official expansion will probably remain some updates out, it's certainly exciting to know the groundwork's there. Eclipse badly fumbled the ball on profile customization, and custom skins alone will be a huge attraction for (what's left of) the dA Old Guard. This'll probably be patched for security, but I appreciate your vanguard effort to break the site. :P

Posted: 15 Apr 2023, 11:22 PM

Mmmm blotst.

Posted: 16 Apr 2023, 12:59 AM
Thorvald:
7/10, no Comic Sans ;_;

We'd [pitched more customization](https://www.side7.com/forums/thread/674/1#5849) months ago and while an official expansion will probably remain some updates out, it's certainly exciting to know the groundwork's there. Eclipse badly fumbled the ball on profile customization, and custom skins alone will be a **huge** attraction for (what's left of) the dA Old Guard. This'll probably be patched for security, but I appreciate your vanguard effort to break the site. :P

And that customization is coming. :)

-- BK

Posted: 16 Apr 2023, 06:25 AM

based karma

Posted: 16 Apr 2023, 06:26 AM
BadKarma:
Thorvald:
7/10, no Comic Sans ;_;

We'd [pitched more customization](https://www.side7.com/forums/thread/674/1#5849) months ago and while an official expansion will probably remain some updates out, it's certainly exciting to know the groundwork's there. Eclipse badly fumbled the ball on profile customization, and custom skins alone will be a **huge** attraction for (what's left of) the dA Old Guard. This'll probably be patched for security, but I appreciate your vanguard effort to break the site. :P

And that customization is coming. :)

-- BK

based karma

Posted: 16 Apr 2023, 04:29 PM

Hehe. Thanks.

-- BK

Posted: 18 Apr 2023, 12:54 PM

Your profile looks really cool, now I want to add some css coding to make my profile more gloomy and gothic looking, with some rain overlay I guess.

Posted: 21 Apr 2023, 06:44 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 21 Apr 2023, 06:57 PM.

eyy i’ve been having some trouble embedding images on my journal and profile, is this because of the latest update? the embedded images still show in the preview option but when i submit the changes, they get deleted
@BadKarma

Posted: 25 Apr 2023, 01:03 AM
Camazotz:
eyy i’ve been having some trouble embedding images on my journal and profile, is this because of the latest update? the embedded images still show in the preview option but when i submit the changes, they get deleted
[@BadKarma](/u/BadKarma/gallery)

Might be a side effect of the latest patch. If it is, it's unintentional. I'll investigate.
-- BK

Posted: 25 Apr 2023, 02:21 PM

Ahhh glad I'm not the only one having this issue! It seems like no matter what I do I can't get them to show up on the "published' journal / profile, like Camazotz said they show up fine on the preview ╮(╯▽╰)╭

Posted: 25 Apr 2023, 05:03 PM
TeaLeo:
Ahhh glad I'm not the only one having this issue! It seems like no matter what I do I can't get them to show up on the "published' journal / profile, like Camazotz said they show up fine on the preview ╮(╯▽╰)╭

Be aware that the preview is somewhat unreliable as the code for forum posts and submission comments is slightly different under the hood (eg. emoticons will parse as smilies here, but not there). I've been compiling summary bug lists/feature requests, and one of the big ones is synchronizing syntax across Comments, Posts, and the Literature Word Processor.

Posted: 26 Apr 2023, 12:22 AM
Thorvald:
Be aware that the preview is somewhat unreliable as the code for forum posts and submission comments is slightly different under the hood (eg. emoticons will parse as smilies here, but not there). I've been compiling summary bug lists/feature requests, and one of the big ones is synchronizing syntax across Comments, Posts, and the Literature Word Processor.

All areas should support Markdown. The goal was to use Markdown instead of the old way of doing things with raw HTML. Unfortunately, the old forums also allowed for BBCode, so they needed to be backward compatible.

The issues with the preview in the editor, however, is an issue that comes from the fact that the editor is locally converting what is input into a rendered preview, and doesn't take into account site-related restrictions. It's also older software that I'm considering replacing at some point in the future, as development on that editor has ceased. Just need to find an appropriate one.
-- BK

Posted: 05 Mar 2024, 04:55 AM

Four out of five stars

Posted: 03 Apr 2024, 03:27 AM

considerin i didnt even know you could customize it that far id say 5/5 LMAO

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-16 of 16