Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-22 of 22
Hi - Started by: lua0
Hi
Posted: 21 Apr 2024, 01:13 PM

Just call me Lua. The site really intrigued me as I really miss the "old internet" if that even makes sense. I do draw but as of right now I don't have anything I've drawn. Not sure what I'll be up to entirely.

RE: Hi
Posted: 21 Apr 2024, 06:13 PM

Welcome to Side 7! The Nostalgia Factor is real, though given the general trajectory of web design these days, I'm just relieved there's still an art site that can load the page in under five seconds. :P

P.S.: I know that dog..! D:

Posted: 21 Apr 2024, 06:13 PM

Welcome to Side7! Thanks for joining my group, I'm glad there will be more Naruto fans here :D I also miss old internet and am frustrated at the state of social media and other art websites. I hope this place can be a comforting place for you like it is for me.

Posted: 21 Apr 2024, 06:38 PM

Hi Lua. And welcome. We hope you enjoy it here.

Posted: 22 Apr 2024, 11:36 AM

Hi Lua! Welcome to Side 7, as the others have said. Hope you enjoy your time here!
-- BK

Posted: 22 Apr 2024, 05:11 PM

Welcome to Side7! I hope you enjoy it here.

Posted: 24 Apr 2024, 09:44 AM

Dis da weel.

Posted: 25 Apr 2024, 10:23 AM
Thorvald:
Welcome to Side 7! The Nostalgia Factor is real, though given the general trajectory of web design these days, I'm just relieved there's still an art site that can load the page in under five seconds. :P

P.S.: I know that dog..! D:

I know nothing about coding but the site does look very retro (positive) and takes just a little bit of time to load. Thanks for the welcome!

And +1 for knowing Mira!

Posted: 25 Apr 2024, 11:23 AM
marven4lyf:
Welcome to Side7! Thanks for joining my group, I'm glad there will be more Naruto fans here :D I also miss old internet and am frustrated at the state of social media and other art websites. I hope this place can be a comforting place for you like it is for me.

I love Naruto. I'm rewatching the entire series right now, and thinking about reading the manga too, although reading for prolonged periods of time tires me out. Me too, I just rejoined DA after a really long time and I can't believe all the changes. The layout is so different and now the whole AI thing. Total whiplash.

Posted: 25 Apr 2024, 11:48 AM

I could more posts but thank you to everyone for the welcome! Appreciated.

Posted: 27 Apr 2024, 10:28 AM
lua0:
marven4lyf:

I love Naruto. I'm rewatching the entire series right now, and thinking about reading the manga too, although reading for prolonged periods of time tires me out. Me too, I just rejoined DA after a really long time and I can't believe all the changes. The layout is so different and now the whole AI thing. Total whiplash.

Also rewatching! I did read part of the manga, near the end of the series so I could skip the War arc filler. I'll be honest and say I don't really care much for the plot after the Pain arc and definitely prefer the original series to Shippuden. And yeah DeviantArt is totally dead, thank god there are a good alternatives. For a few years I thought it was hopeless.

Posted: 27 Apr 2024, 09:54 PM

Welcome to Side7. c:

Posted: 27 Apr 2024, 10:06 PM

Hiiiiii! Welcome!

Posted: 27 Apr 2024, 10:46 PM
marven4lyf:
lua0:
marven4lyf:

Also rewatching! I did read part of the manga, near the end of the series so I could skip the War arc filler. I'll be honest and say I don't really care much for the plot after the Pain arc and definitely prefer the original series to Shippuden. And yeah DeviantArt is totally dead, thank god there are a good alternatives. For a few years I thought it was hopeless.

I think the original series feels a bit more grounded for me, especially in fights and power scaling. The show just focuses so much on the Uchiha later I do think that was an issue. Sadly DeviantArt really has, only thing I see there now are adoptables. So far I've only seen Toyhou.se and Side7 myself. I want to try Unvale but the look of it is just not doing it for me. Not sure why.

Posted: 27 Apr 2024, 11:17 PM
lua0:
marven4lyf:
lua0:
marven4lyf:

I think the original series feels a bit more grounded for me, especially in fights and power scaling. The show just focuses so much on the Uchiha later I do think that was an issue. Sadly DeviantArt really has, only thing I see there now are adoptables. So far I've only seen Toyhou.se and Side7 myself. I want to try Unvale but the look of it is just not doing it for me. Not sure why.

That sounds about right to me too, it lost focus. I browse toyhou.se but never made an account. It always felt specifically catered to OC profiles but I needed a place made more for multi media art. I just looked at unvale and I'm glad there's always more places for people to go. I don't think I'd sign up to it, because the look of this site is just better to me.

Posted: 28 Apr 2024, 04:00 AM

Did you know that The Lion King is 30 years old this year? Also, Clarence and Over the Garden Wall is 10 years old this year, by the way.

Posted: 28 Apr 2024, 11:02 PM
marven4lyf:
lua0:
marven4lyf:
lua0:
marven4lyf:

That sounds about right to me too, it lost focus. I browse toyhou.se but never made an account. It always felt specifically catered to OC profiles but I needed a place made more for multi media art. I just looked at unvale and I'm glad there's always more places for people to go. I don't think I'd sign up to it, because the look of this site is just better to me.

I just recently signed up to toyhou.se but I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to do with it to be honest. It says it is catered towards roleplayers but looking on the forums I don't really see a network for roleplaying. It feels more like a community for being an oc repository and an adoptable marketplace. Nothing wrong with that, but the roleplay aspect is what drew me in. Side 7 does seem better to me, too. The UI is very clear and clean, and I like how it is set up.

Posted: 28 Apr 2024, 11:04 PM
FurryKittens:
Did you know that The Lion King is 30 years old this year? Also, Clarence and Over the Garden Wall is 10 years old this year, by the way.

I didn't know that but boy, in a way, I do feel old now haha.

Posted: 29 Apr 2024, 01:38 AM
lua0:
marven4lyf:
lua0:
marven4lyf:
lua0:
marven4lyf:

I just recently signed up to toyhou.se but I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to do with it to be honest. It says it is catered towards roleplayers but looking on the forums I don't really see a network for roleplaying. It feels more like a community for being an oc repository and an adoptable marketplace. Nothing wrong with that, but the roleplay aspect is what drew me in. Side 7 does seem better to me, too. The UI is very clear and clean, and I like how it is set up.

Huh, I actually didn't know it was meant for roleplay. But I guess people dont really go there for that reason. I've never really been on forums dedicated to roleplay despite doing it a lot. On deviantart, it was always public comment sections xD

Posted: 29 Apr 2024, 12:37 PM
FurryKittens:

Haven't watched Clarence in a long time but I remember it being good. It's one of those shows I thought I would hate but actually enjoyed it a lot. I remember when it first came out and recall many people calling it bad.

Posted: 29 Apr 2024, 11:56 PM
FurryKittens:

I feel old, TLK came out the same year I was born. :/

Posted: 30 Apr 2024, 01:03 AM
EvieJulia:
I feel old, TLK came out the same year I was born. :/

Okay, now I feel old. I was 21 when TLK came out. GAH!

-- BK

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-22 of 22