Page 6 of 15 :: Viewing 126-150 of 369
So DeviantArt is committing suicide... - Started by: Thorvald
RE: So DeviantArt is committing suicide...
Posted: 08 Sep 2023, 09:41 PM

I’m still working on my repo for my personal website to put it together with gohugo.
(I’m also using DeviantArt alts like Pixiv, Artstreet, Side7, and Misskey/Misskey-design.

Posted: 09 Sep 2023, 11:51 PM
N0-11:
I’m still working on my repo for my personal website to put it together with gohugo.
(I’m also using DeviantArt alts like Pixiv, Artstreet, Side7, and Misskey/Misskey-design.

I use all of those deviantart alts with the exception of Misskey(which I never heard before)

Posted: 10 Sep 2023, 02:07 AM
N0-11:

Ever try Reddit or Newgrounds? Those are the ones aside from Side7 that I've had the best of luck with.

Posted: 10 Sep 2023, 04:17 AM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 10 Sep 2023, 04:34 AM.
chaseawaythedark:
N0-11:

Ever try Reddit or Newgrounds? Those are the ones aside from Side7 that I've had the best of luck with.

I use Newgrounds for long time, while I use Reddit alternative(Lemmy) instead of Reddit itself

even when both Newgrounds and Reddit needs VPN to accessed from my country, indonesia

Posted: 10 Sep 2023, 08:44 AM
Masonicon:
chaseawaythedark:
N0-11:

I use Newgrounds for long time, while I use Reddit alternative(Lemmy) instead of Reddit itself

even when both Newgrounds and Reddit needs VPN to accessed from my country, indonesia

Be careful using Newgrounds. Shensen O Hensen lives there and he might get you.

Posted: 10 Sep 2023, 05:44 PM
Masonicon:
most people that left Deviantart in response of the announcement of Deviantart eclipse's permanence use Twitter for posting their artwork instead of proper art site

I used to looks forward Artrise(in addition of Artspacious) only to ended up stillborn(and it's forking into Buzzly was closest thing it goes under the sun), at least Artspacious still have more chance to see the light of the day, I even use bunch of other deviantart alternatives: Weasyl, Itaku, Artfol, and so on

I also make my own websites to Archive my Mega-crossover project with Webs.com webhosting service(even when this become another zombie website)

If I could make a suggestion, Weebly is a better choice for projects like that, due to Webs limiting users to just 5 pages a site, 10 if you purchased a premium membership. I'm not even kidding when I say that all of those countless old-school Thunder sites I published due to constantly re-vamping the project kept getting frozen, because they were free sites with more than 5 pages.

Posted: 11 Sep 2023, 12:31 AM
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:
Masonicon:
chaseawaythedark:
N0-11:

Be careful using Newgrounds. Shensen O Hensen lives there and he might get you.

that was one of the reasons Newgrounds blocked in Indonesia

Posted: 11 Sep 2023, 02:30 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 11 Sep 2023, 02:31 AM.

I’ve tried NewGrounds before, I thought it’s decent, I just wanted to move to here for an art archive spot instead, alongside my repo on Gitea, I also used to use Reddit and Reddit alt sites as well, I’m meh towards Reddit, and I hate the people on Reddit so much most of the time.
(I just also wanted to make my own Website with my pen-name as well too, just like I did in my Porfolio site too.)

Posted: 11 Sep 2023, 02:37 AM
N0-11:
I’ve tried NewGrounds before, I thought it’s decent, I just wanted to move to here for an art archive spot instead, alongside my repo on Gitea, I also used to use Reddit and Reddit alt sites as well, I’m meh towards Reddit, and I hate the people on Reddit so much most of the time.
(I just also wanted to make my own Website with my pen-name as well too, just like I did in my Porfolio site too.)

I also find Newgrounds decent, and just curious, how to make your own website(if you have made one)?

Posted: 11 Sep 2023, 02:48 AM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 11 Sep 2023, 06:01 AM.

I’ve made my first website on Fc2, a site that’s domain in the Netherlands surprisingly, and I’m currently going to put my other website together using gohugo, I’m still trying to boot it up, I’ll just get git or something to boot it up, alongside making other stuff for my personal art website home-made as well, including a homemade server as well as alt domain names.

Posted: 13 Sep 2023, 12:29 AM

neocities?

Posted: 14 Sep 2023, 11:21 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 14 Sep 2023, 11:26 AM.

I never got to use Neocitites and some drama stuff happening there just turned me off from using it, I just wanted to try out Fc2 instead, I just wanted to use some other webhosting service mainly to make my first porfolio site.

(I also want to be away from western webhost users anyways, at least I added neocities sites that I like in one of my repo site pages.)
(I was thinking of adding a little shop there too, I'll think about it.)

I also wanted to make my personal website from scratch just for a new hobby I'm still learning.
(I really don't need an AI to help me code pages I wanted, I'm good with doing that on my own with the help of w3schools.)

Posted: 15 Sep 2023, 12:06 AM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 15 Sep 2023, 12:10 AM.
N0-11:
I never got to use Neocitites and some drama stuff happening there just turned me off from using it, I just wanted to try out Fc2 instead, I just wanted to use some other webhosting service mainly to make my first porfolio site.

(I also want to be away from western webhost users anyways, at least I added neocities sites that I like in one of my repo site pages.)
(I was thinking of adding a little shop there too, I'll think about it.)

I also wanted to make my personal website from scratch just for a new hobby I'm still learning.
(I really don't need an AI to help me code pages I wanted, I'm good with doing that on my own with the help of w3schools.)

Just curious, what's the drama thing that happened in Neocities?

as well how to access and use FC2?

by the way, back in late 2000s, I also make my own website with Blogger dot com too

Posted: 17 Sep 2023, 01:30 AM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 17 Sep 2023, 05:58 AM.

also, there's a possibility that Deviantart can only wins Stable Diffusion litigation(a lawsuit against AI art tools such as Deviantart's dreamup) through a Pyrrhic Victory

Posted: 19 Sep 2023, 10:53 PM

We must destroy DeviantArt in order to save it.

Posted: 20 Sep 2023, 06:20 AM
The-Wizard-of-Zaar:
We must destroy DeviantArt in order to save it.

When you put it that way...... it's not like the site is acting outside of its rights, it's just acting undesirably for some of its users. The best way to save it would be to replace its lost demographic suitably.

Posted: 20 Sep 2023, 10:40 AM
This post has been edited 3 times. Last edit on 21 Sep 2023, 07:10 AM.

since y’all are obsessed with deviantart so bad

da

Posted: 20 Sep 2023, 04:01 PM

...I want that for April Fool's.

Heck, just showing this to the dAssafected would probably be 3/4 of our recruitment pitch done. XD

Posted: 20 Sep 2023, 06:39 PM
Thorvald:

@BadKarma: Pleeeeease, BK, can we? 🤣

Posted: 20 Sep 2023, 10:13 PM
fragmented_imagination:
Thorvald:

[@BadKarma](/u/BadKarma/gallery): Pleeeeease, BK, can we? 🤣

I can't see what the image was since my anti-virus software blocks the site it comes from due to it having a reputation for hosting infected files. So, I don't know?
-- BK

Posted: 20 Sep 2023, 11:13 PM

it’s side7 with the old DA colors XD
i edited it with a web extension called stylus
i think i can share the style and other users will have the site look like this but only for them in their screen, it works in the main page, profiles and posts. only for computer users

Posted: 21 Sep 2023, 01:48 AM
Camazotz:
it’s side7 with the old DA colors XD
i edited it with a web extension called stylus
i think i can share the style and other users will have the site look like this but only for them in their screen, it works in the main page, profiles and posts. only for computer users

Ah! That sounds awesome. :D
-- BK

Posted: 21 Sep 2023, 03:41 PM
BadKarma:
I can't see what the image was since my anti-virus software blocks the site it comes from due to it having a reputation for hosting infected files.

Drat, and I thought I could use Imgbox as a fall-back to Imgur. D:

Posted: 21 Sep 2023, 09:21 PM

oh i changed the host to imgbox after karma's comment

Posted: 21 Sep 2023, 09:47 PM
Camazotz:
oh i changed the host to imgbox after karma's comment

And, I can see the image now! :) That's really well done!
-- BK

Page 6 of 15 :: Viewing 126-150 of 369