Page 13 of 15 :: Viewing 301-325 of 369
So DeviantArt is committing suicide... - Started by: Thorvald
RE: So DeviantArt is committing suicide...
Posted: 07 Dec 2023, 10:46 PM
N0-11:
The audacity of DA to basically suck up to Israel, I don't know tbh. I just feel better that I stopped uploaded art on there in the future, it also isn't helping that DA's reputation is basically in the gutter, like YouTube and other really popular sm sites. It's depressing as frick.

Isn't Wix (DeviantArt's adopted parent company) headquartered in Israel?

Posted: 07 Dec 2023, 11:00 PM
chaseawaythedark:
N0-11:
The audacity of DA to basically suck up to Israel, I don't know tbh. I just feel better that I stopped uploaded art on there in the future, it also isn't helping that DA's reputation is basically in the gutter, like YouTube and other really popular sm sites. It's depressing as frick.

Isn't Wix (DeviantArt's adopted parent company) headquartered in Israel?

It is, and Wix is part of the reason why Israel has a bad reputation.

Posted: 07 Dec 2023, 11:38 PM

Putting on my Mod Hat to say that the situation on the ground is largely outside the scope of this thread, and the current discussion is veering into a level of politics that feels inappropriate.

Taking off my Mod Hat to say that given the continued prevalence of Alt-Reich rhetoric on the site, dA's support for Israel reads conflicted at best. :/

Posted: 09 Dec 2023, 01:03 AM

Adding my two cents with regards to the political discussion on the Israeli-Palestine topic.

A) It's off-topic to this thread.
B) Side 7 takes no stance, politically or otherwise, with either side. There are civilian people suffering on both sides of the conflict, and that is a tragedy.
C) I agree with Thorvald: politically charged commentary, especially such where there are disparaging remarks about one side or the other, are inappropriate for Side 7. Those discussions are better held on sites that are geared for or invite such commentary.

Please, let's leave the politics off-site.

-- BK

Posted: 09 Dec 2023, 07:13 AM
BadKarma:
Adding my two cents with regards to the political discussion on the Israeli-Palestine topic.

B) Side 7 takes no stance, politically or otherwise, with either side. There are civilian people suffering on both sides of the conflict, and that is a tragedy.
C) I agree with Thorvald: politically charged commentary, especially such where there are disparaging remarks about one side or the other, are inappropriate for Side 7. Those discussions are better held on sites that are geared for or invite such commentary.

-- BK

Good point. I apologize.

Posted: 09 Dec 2023, 10:16 AM
Shadane:
BadKarma:

-- BK

Good point. I apologize.

I apologize too

Posted: 09 Dec 2023, 10:54 AM
Masonicon:
Shadane:
BadKarma:

-- BK

Good point. I apologize.

I apologize too

(hugs both of you)

I apologize three. Especially as artists, something so trivial should not be tempted to serve as our defining aspects.

Posted: 09 Dec 2023, 06:14 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 12 Dec 2023, 02:06 AM.

I just honestly hope DA shapes up and realizes they’re destroying themselves for insufferable advertisers, alongside other problems DA has now, alongside letting people pester each other on the site.
(I’ll also avoid mentioning off topic stuff for this thread too in the future)

Posted: 11 Dec 2023, 10:46 PM

Update: Deviantart's forums are now uses Eclipse layout

Posted: 11 Dec 2023, 11:42 PM

Hmm, that’s cool I guess.
(I’m still not going back in DA’s forums tbh, because a few DA forumers ruined it for me tbh.)

Posted: 12 Dec 2023, 12:33 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 12 Dec 2023, 12:35 AM.

I honestly think it's hideous. The forums, as well as the site in general were already infamous for being toxic as hell, now their reputation will drop further due to them having the same clunky, borderline unusable UI as the rest of the site. Just when I thought my toaster of a laptop already couldn't handle the site, they also added infinite scrolling to the forums with no choice to switch to a click-through browsing option, isn't that wonderful?
I'm starting to think that Wix is deliberately trying to kill the site.

Posted: 12 Dec 2023, 12:55 AM

The forum switching over to the hideous eclipse layout was inevitable, but I wish they'd given some kind of heads up for when it was going to happen... It was really jarring to check the site a couple of hours after my last visit and see the forums had suddenly changed with no warning.

Posted: 12 Dec 2023, 01:41 AM
Polar-Tang:
The forum switching over to the hideous eclipse layout was inevitable, but I wish they'd given some kind of heads up for when it was going to happen... It was really jarring to check the site a couple of hours after my last visit and see the forums had suddenly changed with no warning.

I agree. We got a heads-up for groups after all, why they gave no warning before changing the forums' layout is beyond me.

Posted: 13 Dec 2023, 08:57 AM

It's their site and I'm not one to judge what people do on their own handmade site, but yeah there are a few things I would've done differently if I was in charge. One thing of note, there's only one forum mod, which suggests either they have plans to change that, didn't factor that in, or don't care. I know the place was largely inactive before the change, and then after it I guess it boosted (though it's currently something like 80% threads complaining about the change and 10% people from the site's culture not shared with the forums who don't know the "unspoken rules" on how to use them). If the forums are now being advertised directly in everyone's feeds, it makes me wonder though, where the heck is everyone? On top of that, this being an era when Discord exists, I'm surprised they didn't opt for that, in fact I've noticed a large influx of people arriving from DeviantArt into a server I help moderate because it's the largest social gathering of DeviantArt members outside of main site functions.

Posted: 14 Dec 2023, 09:52 PM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 15 Dec 2023, 04:06 AM.

Newer DeviantArt groups lacks their favorite folders and ability to affiliate with any other groups

Also, current deviantart's forum can get easily mistaken for a deviantart comment

Posted: 11 Jan 2024, 09:44 PM

this is one of handful of threads in devinatart forums that we can stand(cuz it's about deviantart's deterioration): https://www.deviantart.com/forum/community/complaints/2683989

Posted: 11 Jan 2024, 11:47 PM
Masonicon:
this is one of handful of threads in devinatart forums that we can stand(cuz it's about deviantart's deterioration): [https://www.deviantart.com/forum/community/complaints/2683989](https://www.deviantart.com/forum/community/complaints/2683989)

Went ahead and commented in this thread. I put my entire gallery in storage when the AI was introduced, but I noticed the search feature has been busted for awhile. I'm not surprised, but I'm still not happy about it.

Posted: 12 Jan 2024, 12:12 AM
ratacombs:
Masonicon:
this is one of handful of threads in devinatart forums that we can stand(cuz it's about deviantart's deterioration): [https://www.deviantart.com/forum/community/complaints/2683989](https://www.deviantart.com/forum/community/complaints/2683989)

Went ahead and commented in this thread. I put my entire gallery in storage when the AI was introduced, but I noticed the search feature has been busted for awhile. I'm not surprised, but I'm still not happy about it.

I also put most(if not all) of my deviantart gallery in Storage when DreamUp was introduced, if not outright deleting it

Posted: 12 Jan 2024, 12:28 AM
Masonicon:

I didn't respond due to a few negative experiences I had that I won't discuss since it's long dead, but one thing I can agree on here is that most of these changes were either unnecessary such as removing birthday notifications, and deprecating custom HTML, or actively hinders use of the site, such as getting rid of categories and making tags optional rather than mandatory, which made it so we can't find what we're looking for anymore. I don't even think dA Muro exists anymore, because I can't find the option to use it when I visit my Sta.sh page, so it's safe to assume they removed that too. I still find it pretty ironic that the current owners of the site claimed to take feedback that would go towards improving the new layout, but they completely ignored all of it; what's even the point then?
Oh well, for most people, it was fun while it lasted, and for others like me who fell victim to cringe culture, it was a hell site like no other, and aside from the friends we made there that made it worth visiting, we don't really know why we stayed. I think it's time to move on, I'm still waiting on SheezyArt to relaunch, and I've been patient ever since it was announced.

Posted: 12 Jan 2024, 12:38 AM
Shadane:
Masonicon:

I didn't respond due to a few negative experiences I had that I won't discuss since it's long dead, but one thing I can agree on here is that most of these changes were either unnecessary such as removing birthday notifications, and deprecating custom HTML, or actively hinders use of the site, such as getting rid of categories and making tags optional rather than mandatory, which made it so we can't find what we're looking for anymore. I don't even think dA Muro exists anymore, because I can't find the option to use it when I visit my Sta.sh page, so it's safe to assume they removed that too. I still find it pretty ironic that the current owners of the site claimed to take feedback that would go towards improving the new layout, but they completely ignored all of it; what's even the point then?
Oh well, for most people, it was fun while it lasted, and for others like me who fell victim to cringe culture, it was a hell site like no other, and aside from the friends we made there that made it worth visiting, we don't really know why we stayed. I think it's time to move on, I'm still waiting on SheezyArt to relaunch, and I've been patient ever since it was announced.

Deviantart Muro still exists: https://www.deviantart.com/muro/ even when I stopped using it for my treatment of dAMuro as MSpaint

my gripe with SheezyArt's Revival lies on it's dev have beef with me, so I stick with Artspacious more than Sheezy.art, other than Artspacious devs usually only works on their site when they're not busy from IRL jobs

Posted: 12 Jan 2024, 01:21 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 12 Jan 2024, 01:24 AM.
Masonicon:
Shadane:
Masonicon:

Deviantart Muro still exists: [https://www.deviantart.com/muro/](https://www.deviantart.com/muro/) even when I stopped using it for my treatment of dAMuro as MSpaint

my gripe with SheezyArt's Revival lies on it's dev have beef with me, so I stick with Artspacious more than Sheezy.art, other than Artspacious devs usually only works on their site when they're not busy from IRL jobs

Well, I couldn't find it, so I just presumed it deceased or something. I did hear from a friend of mine who agreed to update me on the site's development that the Artspacious team is planning to continue development without the head of their project though, considering they're too busy with personal life to help out. But out of curiosity, what happened that led to the beef? I can understand if you don't want to discuss it, it's just something new that I haven't heard much about.

Posted: 12 Jan 2024, 01:40 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 12 Jan 2024, 01:41 AM.
Shadane:
Masonicon:
Shadane:
Masonicon:

Deviantart Muro still exists: [https://www.deviantart.com/muro/](https://www.deviantart.com/muro/) even when I stopped using it for my treatment of dAMuro as MSpaint

Well, I couldn't find it, so I just presumed it deceased or something. I did hear from a friend of mine who agreed to update me on the site's development that the Artspacious team is planning to continue development without the head of their project though, considering they're too busy with personal life to help out. But out of curiosity, what happened that led to the beef? I can understand if you don't want to discuss it, it's just something new that I haven't heard much about.

all that I can discuss when it comes to something that leads to Sheezy.art's dev have beef with me was: my shippings(at least some of them are demoted into just friends(at best) either from response of Sheezy.art's admin having beef with me)

Posted: 12 Jan 2024, 02:25 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 12 Jan 2024, 02:26 AM.

I've honestly been thinking of using Nightshade (aka Glaze) for my Deviantart gallery, but I don't know how to boot it up.
(I say this because the icon for Glaze only shows as a piece of paper on my new laptop, alongside other icons)
Maybe I'm missing something.

Posted: 13 Jan 2024, 12:16 AM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 13 Jan 2024, 12:18 AM.
N0-11:
I've honestly been thinking of using Nightshade (aka Glaze) for my Deviantart gallery, but I don't know how to boot it up.
(I say this because the icon for Glaze only shows as a piece of paper on my new laptop, alongside other icons)
Maybe I'm missing something.

more recently, I use Nightshade aka Glaze for my Artworks I posted on either Instagram

Posted: 13 Jan 2024, 12:27 AM
This post has been edited 2 times. Last edit on 13 Jan 2024, 01:23 AM.

Deviantart staff/team may be too oblivious to the Lawsuit against AI-generated arts (that targets Deviantart)

Page 13 of 15 :: Viewing 301-325 of 369